Skip to main content

Orkambi!



Hi everyone! These pictures are from late August-early September! Enjoy!




Giovanni's first meal! 

While Giovanni ate his rice cereal, Alida painted on the table with some old oatmeal I found...

This 7 month old is sportin' his 2T hat!

This is after blueberry picking with some friends, we were so busy picking berries that I forgot to take pictures until we were finished! You can see how red faced Alida is though, we definitely worked hard!

Sick day for Alida, luckily it was only a 24 hr thing :)

Our happy little boy!

Enjoying the great outdoors!

Having fun on the slide!

Giving her dolls a bath

Having fun with braids!

Eating hotdogs in style!

This picture makes me laugh, he is too cute!


Alida made a caterpillar with her poof balls, I thought that was pretty neat!

Looking good in orange!

Slurping soup with a straw!

Our silly kids!

First day on the new job! Your lookin at St. Joseph's newest 8th grade teacher!

I gave Alida this little tub to give her dolls a bath outside, then she decided to jump in too!

This is the AWESOME measuring stick my sister and brother-in-law made our family, now we can take it wherever we go! 

Playing outside in her Dorothy costume from Aunt T!


Ok so here is our latest life update! Adam is doing really well, but very busy! He just started a chess club at school (which the kids love!), tutors twice a week, is taking a math class, works full time, has lesson planning to do, plus hang out with the family every once in a while, and with me in and out of the hospital so often lately things have just been crazy...phew! Yes he is stretched to the max! Prayers for the grace of perseverance and prudence would be great, as well as prayers in general! Alida is her silly little self, she enjoys telling long, theatrical stories, with hand motions and facial expressions and all! She is quite the little character! Giovanni is rolling all over the house and has started pushing forward a bit with his feet, so who knows, we might have a crawler soon! He starts physical therapy tomorrow, which should hopefully give him that boost that he needs. I am doing well, just awaiting one final procedure (hopefully!) to stop the bleeding in my lungs, otherwise I am feeling great! I just got approved and started taking a new drug for CF which targets the underlying cause of lung issues of people with CF. This is very exciting!! If you want to learn more about the drug and how it works you can check out www.orkambi.com , it's pretty interesting stuff! Thank you all for your prayers, we will keep you updated as life goes on!

God bless!

Love, The Librande Family


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daughter's Day

 Today is National Daughter's Day so I thought I'd fill today's post with pictures of our daughter, the one who made us parents, Alida! This beautiful girl is definitely her own person. She's sweet, stubborn, artistic, giving, and incredibly loving. We are so blessed to have her as our daughter!  Before braces... And after! Alida took this picture of Brumby with her baby Charlotte  We love you Alida!

Spring Forward!

Hello everyone! We hope that daylight savings is treating you as well as it is treating us, Giovanni slept in until 8 am today! Here are some pictures from last month till today, enjoy! Having fun in her dress from Aunt T! She loves it! Who's hiding under there? It's Alida! Crusin' all over the place! Having fun with Oma! We were so blessed to have Oma's help for 2 weeks in February!!! We love and miss you so much Oma!!! Made a bed out of towels Eating breakfast with Oma! Still enjoying her dress! Having fun in a giant roll of paper that came in a package! Paper Princess Alida! Getting big, and needing a haircut! Big boy, only eats big people food now! Fell asleep during lunch time! This was as good a smile as I could get from her.... Alida fit as many toys as she could on this chair, I think she did a pretty good job! They're having a party! Giovanni loves watching ...

Hair Cut and a Story

First off, happy Easter everyone!!! Alleluia!  Yesterday Giovanni got a haircut! Adam was the barber and I was the chair. Gio did a great job and aged about 3 years by the time we were finished. Check it out! Before... After! Before... After! And now for your listening enjoyment, here is a little video of Alida telling the story of Peter Rabbit, pretty much word for word from her story book (with a few mix ups here and there). She was looking at the book while sitting on the potty and I heard her telling the story, like I said, basically word for word, pretty good memory with that one (definitely comes from the Librande side)! I didn't get Alida in the picture, mainly because if she saw me with the camera she would stop telling the story. So put on your listening ears (and two year old speech translator) and enjoy! Love, The Librande Family